Wednesday, February 15, 2012

#2

Putting Music On Your Stands Since 1959

I don't think I can say that there is a technology that had the "greatest" impact on music education.  I didn't live before 1990 and admittedly, I haven't thought much about pre-composition software Music Technology .  I can't speak for that.    I know that Recording/Playback Technology, Television/Video, the Metronome, the Tuner...even the Xerox machine has a had a great effect on Music Classrooms.  Specific developments of   I guess I can talk about the Xerox Machine/Photocoyper.  It definitely Has revolutionized how we perform music.  Within Copyright law, we can make copies of music for our students and perform much more than we previously could have.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your comment that went along with your picture. I also like how you picked the copy machine/ photocopier as what you think impacted music education. It's true how much music educators and the music departments use the copy machine for pretty much everything, especially music. If we didn't have copy machines I wouldn't be able to imagine how different the music world, especially that of music education would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was trying to connect the photocopy machine and music and it took me a minute. Then it hit me! Initially, I was trying to associate it with playing an instrument and I never have so I think that's why it took me a while. However, I sang in choir and our school Madrigals and remember my folder of photocopied songs. Your quote is great - that machine truly did give us music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photocopier did not only help music education, but it helped every subject. I don't think any class that I took throughout grammar, middle, or highschool could have been done without a photocopier.

    ReplyDelete